Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy Project 52: 7 Selfless

So I missed last weeks blog. I will have to catch up later. Between going to AL for the weekend, Avery starting school and dancing, Emma starting MDO and just trying get this house back to a somewhat clean state blogging got pushed back. I don't think I needed to blog about crazy i guess since i was living it at the moment.

Selflessness, the act of sacrificing ones own interest for the greater good.  AKA: MOM

 There are so many people in my life I can define as selfless.
My mom, who had to go back to work and learn a completely different career and continue to be a mother and grandmother (Mim) to all of her girls after her life was turned upside down. And always coming to help me especially when the girls were born.

My sister, I don't think I have enough time to list all the reasons why she is selfless. But picking up the pieces of her life and getting a new job, becoming a single mom and moving forward without looking back too much so she can be strong for her girls. Also always taking time to check on her sister and everyone else who cares for her.

My husband, who works so hard so I can stay home with our girls every day. I am truly blessed to be able to do this. And he always put his kids first. So cute, Tuesday Avery said Daddy I really want you to come to dancing with me tonight. He jumped up without question and was out of the door in minutes with her.

My step-mom (Honey), defines the word selfless. She is one of the most giving people I know and has taken on my children as her own grandchildren.

I am so blessed to have all of these selfless people in my life. I know so many more too that probably don't get the appreciation they deserve.

This definitely was a tough blog topic. I believe next week will be a little easier :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're surrounded by some wonderful people in your life who provide you with support and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete