Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Just another Tuesday at the Masson's


Well the day started out pretty well. Greg went to the gym at 5 and I went run when he returned. I have been feeling fantastic by the way now that I am  running. This may sound silly to some people but I can honestly say for the first time in my life that I am just down right happy. Yes I have bad moments, yes I catch myself yelling at my kids (working on that) yes I still have to remind myself at times that they are kids and they don't care if I have to clean the kitchen and they shouldn't have to care. I guess I have been doing a lot of "soul searching" the last few months. I believe you get to a point in your life where things just finally make sense.  As people always say life is too short. It's so true. I want my kids to have fun and be curious and messy. Yes I let me kids paint inside and I let Emma walk around with a chocolate cupcake. Messes can be cleaned. So I have made a lot of "inner changes" and I plan to continue with that. I feel that I have become a much better parent and I feel good about how I am raising my girls. I believe I got off the subject......So Emma took a nap after school and Avery and I made up our own color project. Somehow the colored bath tablets entered my kitchen and we decided to play with colors.

We then made carob walnut granola bars (fantastic!!!)


I forgot to add their new obsession with destroying the princess tent.



Then things went a bit down hill but I think they were just tired. They do the opposite when they are tired, they run around like maniacs. They were both a bit difficult to put to bed but we survived. Three more days of camp for Avery. I think she is going to miss it which is crazy because I had to almost bribe her to go to her last school. I am so extremely happy that we switched and she is going to do so well here. I'm off to bed and ready to start another day fantastic day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment